2009年12月26日 星期六

Culture Shock!!

>> Cultural Shock <<


Although I’ve learned some German culture before going to Germany, the journey to Germany still brought me some cultural shock.

Some people in Taiwan assume Germans are aloof and bumptious.
However, this kind of stereotype is totally wrong.

Germans are actually pretty friendly especially when you are able to speak a little German.
Most of time, there were Germans who come and talked to me. Therefore, don’t worry that you would become isolated if you go to Germany ^^

They might first talk to you in German.
However, when they find out that you can’t speak German, they will have conversation with you in English.


The most interesting thing is that if they see you are an Asian, they may speak Japanese. (= =”)

Please forgive them (even though I really wanted to hit him at the moment :P)
Because for foreigners, Japanese may be the easiest Asian language. Moreover, of all the Asian languages, the pronunciation of Japanese is more like German.

For example, I had a lot Japanese friends who speak German so well, but they are not willing to speak English.



I remembered there was once English learning cram school making fun of German’s English in their promotional commercial. A lot of people presume that German speak poor English.
This supposition is also wrong.
Actually most of teen Germans can speak fluent English. Besides, because of the regional relation, their English are more like British English.



Furthermore, I met some black people in Germany. Well, due to a lot of movies, many Taiwanese people think the black are dangerous. However, they’re not. You can on the other hand get along well with them. You can show something you knew about black such as hip hop, slangs like “wat up?”, they will love you more.


I’m sooooooo appreciating that I had a chance to travel and learn in Germany which not only help me to improve my German but also let me learn many cultural differences and life experiences.












沒有留言:

張貼留言